Buying or selling your home is kind of a big deal.

Buying or selling your home is kind of a big deal.

The Heber Valley is a unique place to live and raise a family. I'd like to provide you with helpful information to help you stay on top of the current trends in real estate and all things regarding your home, as well as community events and issues.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

A delish recipe for those of us that don't like cooking dinner.

This is Rachel talking today. 
I love to bake delicious little treats for dessert and all kinds of breads but I don't love cooking dinner. Heath is really great at it. I am not. But I made this and we both loved every mouthful.


I am a pesto fan.  Anything pesto is fabulous. I was craving pesto so I grabbed the jar out of the fridge and some chicken out of the freezer to thaw.
This is what happened - a good looking dinner that tasted gourmet and was so so simple. 


There were only 3 of us home for dinner, so I didn't make the usual grundle to feed our family of 8. Here is what I used:

2 monster chicken breasts
3 tbsp pesto
2 roma tomatoes
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese

I cut the 2 big chicken breasts lengthwise through the width to make 3 skinny chicken fillet-like pieces from each breast. I lightly salted and peppered them and placed them on my foil covered cookie sheet. (See, it's called a cookie sheet or sheet cake pan because baking cookies and cake is fun!)
I spread 1/2 tbsp of pesto on the top of each chicken fillet and put them into a preheated oven at 400 degrees. I baked them for 18 minutes (the time it takes for 2 batches of cookies!) and took them out of the oven. I sprinkled them with mozzarella cheese then placed a few slices of tomato on each one. (I would normally skip this fancy step but I was trying to impress Heath, and it totally worked! It was delicious as well. Truly.) Then I sprinkled the Parmesan cheese on the top and of the tomatoes and threw them back in the oven for 5 more minutes.

In the meantime I cooked up a few whole grain noodles and steamed some veggies. It was a killer dinner and it was much easier than I expected.
I think you should give it a whirl, tomatoes and all.

Brought to you by Heath @ HeathsHomes.com




No comments:

Post a Comment