Buying or selling your home is kind of a big deal.

Buying or selling your home is kind of a big deal.

The Heber Valley is a unique place to live and raise a family. I'd like to provide you with helpful information to help you stay on top of the current trends in real estate and all things regarding your home, as well as community events and issues.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

our teenager made dinner last night, so good and pretty simple

Heath is a fabulous cook. He makes the most incredible mouth-watering, tasty dinners. I, on the other hand like to bake. I like to bake cookies, brownies, pies, rolls, bread sticks, cheesecakes, all the bad-for-us stuff. By 3 pm I usually know what we are having for dessert, but I have no idea what's for dinner. Thank goodness for Heath.
Just like you, we are trying to eat more healthy in January. Yesterday I was thinking about dinner and I decided we'd eat the pork loin I bought the other day at Ridley's Market, along with some brown rice and steamed veggies. When dinner time rolled around, Heath was busy writing up contracts and so it was up to me and my 15 year old, who despises cooking, to turn the pork loin into something tasty.



The recipe we quickly found on my phone looked delicious, simple, fast, and required simple ingredients and it can be found here.

It WAS delicious and my cooking-challenged self and daughter totally impressed Heath and ourselves. It was so easy and packed full of flavor. We even felt good about ourselves when dinner was over because it was pretty much a perfect meal. You are probably going to want to try it.

Even though the pork loin isn't on sale now, Ridley's Market on Midway's main street has a MEGA MEAT SALE going on this week, head on over and check it out. I love that place.
-Rachel



Just one more thought - I wouldn't normally have fresh ginger in my house but Heath loves it and he bought it. He keeps it in the freezer and when we need a little bit for a recipe, we just grab it out, cut off a chunk and put the rest back in the freezer.  Ginger root is not expensive so just go grab a bit and have it on hand for delicious recipes like this one.

Brought to you by Heath @ HeathsHomes.com





No comments:

Post a Comment